List:       vim
Subject:    Re: carriage return
From:       Payal Rathod <payal () hotpop ! com>
Date:       2002-12-12 3:34:09

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:48:01PM +0530, Pritesh Mistry wrote:
> If you set tw=72, then while inserting characters, newlines will be
> automatically added before your last word if the line length exceeds tw with
oh! I think this is what I wanted to know. Here I have a small question
to make it clear for me.
When I set tw=72, does that mean <CR> is inserted after 72 characters?

> the latest word. It does not have any effect while reading the file. If you
> need to reformat the para use 'gqip'.
I cannot get any help on gqip. i use,
VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 (2002 Mar 24, compiled Aug 26 2002 03:16:41)

Thanks a lot for the mails all of you and bye.
With regards.
-Payal

--
Payal Rathod    <payal at hotpop.com>