On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:48:01PM +0530, Pritesh Mistry wrote: > If you set tw=72, then while inserting characters, newlines will be > automatically added before your last word if the line length exceeds tw with oh! I think this is what I wanted to know. Here I have a small question to make it clear for me. When I set tw=72, does that mean is inserted after 72 characters? > the latest word. It does not have any effect while reading the file. If you > need to reformat the para use 'gqip'. I cannot get any help on gqip. i use, VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 (2002 Mar 24, compiled Aug 26 2002 03:16:41) Thanks a lot for the mails all of you and bye. With regards. -Payal -- Payal Rathod "Visit Linux Success Stories" www.geocities.com/rpayal99