List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    Desktop Memory Usage
From:       shakhshir () gmail ! com (Saad Shakhshir)
Date:       2006-09-13 23:04:32

I came across an interesting article today detailing a study of memory usage
across various desktop environments.  The OP used
Exmap<http://www.berthels.co.uk/exmap/>and free (just as a reference
although those numbers aren't too useful).  In
short the conclusion is that Gnome consumes the most memory by far, followed
by KDE, followed by XFCE, and WMaker uses the least.

I believe there may be some useful information and statistics here as we
move forward on developing, testing, and optimizing Ubuntu.

http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/memory/

-SS-