I came across an interesting article today detailing a study of memory usage across various desktop environments. The OP used Exmapand free (just as a reference although those numbers aren't too useful). In short the conclusion is that Gnome consumes the most memory by far, followed by KDE, followed by XFCE, and WMaker uses the least. I believe there may be some useful information and statistics here as we move forward on developing, testing, and optimizing Ubuntu. http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/memory/ -SS- -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/attachments/20060913/a64f2055/attachment.htm