List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    CDRW Ricoh MP7083A crashing the whole system
From:       pthibault33 () yahoo ! ca (Pierre Thibault)
Date:       2006-09-13 22:32:18

Herv? Fache a ?crit :
> Cher Pierre,
>
> Have you tried any other OS on that machine recently by any chance?
> Maybe something died... I have a Pionneer DVD drive misbehaving
> recently that would bring down the IDE controller. The computer works
> fine with another drive now, and the driver works fine too, in another
> computer! Go find out why...
>
> Regards,
> Herv?.
The drive was working well on Windows just before Kubuntu was installed.
As I know with Google, other people are experiencing problems with this
drive under Linux. I bought a new DVD drive too to replace this one. It
is a Pionneer too. Now things are working very well.

I no longer have Windows on this machine so I cannot make another test.

May be the drive is too old: 2001. It is not a serious issue but it is
good to make you know.