List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] xdebug watch support
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-08-18 19:04:34

Well, the steps are really simple and I'm surprised that its not working for
you.

Anyway, if you unpack the attached project, preferably in your home dir under
'public_html' or equivalent.

Check that it says "waiting" in the bottom right corner (means quanta is
waiting for the debugger to connect).

Ope a browser and point it to the index file of the project (http request,
ofcourse, not 'open file').
Add ?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=x on your request, for example:

http://localhost/~aaron/bptest/index.php?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=x

If you have xdebug (latest CVS version is required) installed and configured
properly (note, all ive changed in my php settings is "xdebug.remote_enable =
On") you shold briefly see quanta update it's ui, but since the script is so
small it will be very fast.

Now try to set a breakpoint on any of the echo-lines.
Refresh the browser, and quanta _should_ halt on that breakpoint.

As you can see, nothing special is required and I'd assume this is pretty much
what you've tried?

let me know what happens!

cheers

/Linus

On Thursday 18 August 2005 04.52, Aaron van Meerten wrote:
> It would be useful to me to have a list of the steps and configuration
> needed to get breakpoints to work.  I have yet to sucessfully set a
> breakpoint and have my code stop there.  I am using this already on a
> semi-daily basis in step by step mode, but it's vaguely aggravating not
> to be able to pick a point to start stepping.  I believe I've seen it
> stop at a point that wasn't the end, but the interface didn't jump to
> that point, and I could never duplicate it.
>
> Anyway, I hope that you can provide some details about what
> configuration options and process need to be in order before breakpoints
> should work.  That will at least let me know if I've got my config in
> order.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Aaron

["bptest.tar.bz2" (application/x-tbz)]