List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Still a problem with ~/.kde/share/config/quantarc
From:       Jared Barneck <jared () bsdcertification ! com>
Date:       2005-08-18 19:41:18

Hey all,

I just rebuilt with FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE, and portinstalled the latest
kdewebdev from ports.  There is still a problem with the quantrc file
growing massively large?  I know I found someone else with the error
before - is there a bug number for this?

Here is my info:

FreeBSD FreeBSD.rhyous.com 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Wed Aug 10
20:56:35 MDT 2005
jared@FreeBSD.rhyous.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KRNL0  i386

August 13-14, I cvsupped and portinstalled what I wanted, including
kde-lite and kde-webdev:

# pkg_info |grep kdekde-lite-3.4.2      The FreeBSD release "meta-port"
for (a subset of) KDE
kdeaccessibility-3.4.2 Accessibility applications for KDE
kdeadmin-3.4.2      KDE applications related to system administration
kdeartwork-3.4.2    Additional themes, sounds, wallpapers and window
styles for
kdebase-3.4.2_1     Basic applications for the KDE system
kdebase-kompmgr-3.4.2 Utility needed to enable XComposite support in KDE
kdegraphics-3.4.2_1 Graphics utilities for the KDE3 integrated X11 desktop
kdehier-1.0_6       Utility port which installs a hierarchy of shared
KDE direc
kdelibs-3.4.2       Base set of libraries needed by KDE programs
kdemultimedia-3.4.2 Multimedia utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdemultimedia-akode-3.4.2 Default KDE audio backend
kdemultimedia-akode-plugins-mpc-3.4.2 Musepack decoder plugin for akode
kdemultimedia-akode-plugins-mpeg-3.4.2 MPEG audio decoder plugin for akode
kdemultimedia-akode-plugins-oss-3.4.2 OSS output plugin for akode
kdemultimedia-akode-plugins-resampler-3.4.2 Resampler plugin for akode
kdemultimedia-akode-plugins-xiph-3.4.2 FLAC/Speex/Vorbis decoder plugin
for akode
kdenetwork-3.4.2    Network-related programs and modules for KDE
kdepim-3.4.2_1      Personal Information Management tools for KDE
kdesdk-3.4.2        KDE Software Development Kit
kdeutils-3.4.2      Utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdewebdev-3.4.2,2   Comprehensive html/website development environment

My ~/.kde/share/config/quantarc file still grows massively large when
quanta is left open for  time.  I saw this issue months ago on the web.

I can't find where on the new site www.kdewebdev.org to submit a bug or
search for bugs.

I am find deleting my quantrc file every now and then, but it would be
nice if it went away.

Thanks

Jared