List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] using quanta with gnome
From:       Henry Bever <henryb43 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-08-13 22:22:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Apparently I only have gnome installed on my opensuse 11.2. I've installed quanta. It \
told me that Kompare, kfilereplace, kxsldbg, kimagemapeditor, klinkstatus and \
Cervisia were missing. So I installed them. But quanta does not recognize them, even \
after I re-installed quanta and rebooted.  Also I cannot access the quanta manual \
from the dropdown manual. I've also installed other individual KDE apps (Kate).

Can I make this work without adding a zillion individual files as needed? Or is there \
an easy way to install KDE as an alternate desktop I can choose? When I search on \
Google and OpenSuSE for things like "moving from gnome to kde", nothing relevant \
seems to come up. When I used other distros, I always seemed to be able to move \
between the two desktops.