Apparently I only have gnome installed on my opensuse 11.2. I've installed quanta. It told me that Kompare, kfilereplace, kxsldbg, kimagemapeditor, klinkstatus and Cervisia were missing. So I installed them. But quanta does not recognize them, even after I re-installed quanta and rebooted.  Also I cannot access the quanta manual from the dropdown manual. I've also installed other individual KDE apps (Kate).

Can I make this work without adding a zillion individual files as needed? Or is there an easy way to install KDE as an alternate desktop I can choose? When I search on Google and OpenSuSE for things like "moving from gnome to kde", nothing relevant seems to come up. When I used other distros, I always seemed to be able to move between the two desktops.