List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Thanks to all  [was Re:  ftp login]
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-12 8:13:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 12 November 2006 03:01, Maury Merkin wrote:
> I had thought the problem might be with quanta but it clearly is not.
>   And you folks have been very helpful in running that down and I've
> learned that I can do this with konqueror (and, I'm sure, my other
> browsers -- I've already seen that it works with Opera).

Konqueror is more than a browser, its a filemanager as well. ;-) fish://
is one of the coolest protocols supported (remote access via ssh), but
there are much others. See help:/kioslave in Konqueror. ;-)

> I sincerely
> appreciate your time, your interest and your help.  I told Børge that
> I'd tell the list if I ever figure out what's happening here but I
> also should add that, since it seems to be so specific to this one
> server, I no longer care.

You may try to play with passive/active mode: Control Center-Internet &
Network-Connection Preferences-FTP options. Will affect both Konqueror
and Quanta (and basicly all other KDE applications).

Andras