List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Thanks to all  [was Re:  ftp login]
From:       Maury Merkin <merkin () his ! com>
Date:       2006-11-12 0:59:56

Okay.  I have now successfully ftp'd using konqueror and quanta to six
different servers and unsuccessfully (with both) with this one.

Obviously this silly server is doing something non-standard which,
nevertheless, doesn't confound either my ftp client or gftp and, for this
lousy little Web site, I can use either of them with no problem at all.

I had thought the problem might be with quanta but it clearly is not.   And
you folks have been very helpful in running that down and I've learned that I
can do this with konqueror (and, I'm sure, my other browsers -- I've already
seen that it works with Opera).  I sincerely appreciate your time, your
interest and your help.  I told Børge that I'd tell the list if I ever figure
out what's happening here but I also should add that, since it seems to be so
specific to this one server, I no longer care.

All my best and sincere thanks to everyone,

Maury

--
http://www.his.com/~merkin