List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Installing/Upgrading Version 3.5
From:       Dick Barmann <reb68 () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2005-12-20 14:06:22

On Monday December 19, 2005 10:39 pm, Marte Raphael Y. Soliza wrote:
> Noong Tuesday 20 December 2005 11:26, sinulat ni Dick Barmann:
> > Quanta version 3.5.0 is a tar.bz2 file. Being new to Linux I would like
> > to know if this can be installed as an upgrade to the version 3.4.0 that
> > I have i kubuntu. I have KDE 3.4.3 but do not know how to extract or
> > install the bz2 file. Thanks.
>
> You can use the repository located here:
> http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-35.php to upgrade your Quanta easily.
>
> Are you familiar with APT? If not, here's a straighforward set of commands:
> $ wget http://people.ubuntu.com/~jriddell/kubuntu-packages-jriddell-key.gpg
> $ sudo apt-key add kubuntu-packages-jriddell-key.gpg
> $ sudo su -c "echo 'deb http://kubuntu.org/packages/kde35 breezy main' >>
> /etc/apt/sources.list" $ sudo apt-get update
> $ sudo apt-get install kdewebdev
>
> I hope this works for you... ;-)
I have tried this two times and I get the following
"Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://claws.sylpheed.org ./ Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
4B73A55696D94189
root@dick:~# "
I have entered the key in my key file.
Thanks Dick
--
Take the World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://eastmetrolp.com/

Dick Barmann--Webmaster
http://www.barmannsbar.com
http://georgiatrailriders.com