List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Debugging in Quanta 3.4
From:       Mark Howells <mark.howells () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-30 9:17:46

On 4/28/05, Kimberly Lazarski <kim@biyn.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>

> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 19:06, Mark Howells wrote:

> > So I grabbed the latest 3.4 branch from CVS and built it.  It
> > identifies itself as
> >
> > "Quanta post-3.4.0 (Using KDE 3.4.0)"
> >
> > However, nothing much seems to have changed.  Whenever I toggle a
> > breakpoint I have to specify source directory mappings, and as soon as
> > I launch the page (using) StartSession I have to specify the same,
> > once for each breakpoint - even though I have set directory mapping
> > Debugger Options for the project... :(
>
> Mark, if you set the basedirs prior to the upgrade, go back to the
> project properties and re-set them. If you're running into the same
> issue I did, you will find that setting the basedirs again then saving
> the project will fix the problem.
>
> It did not seem to "remember" the settings I applied prior to the
> upgrade. Also, as Linus pointed out earlier this month, if all of the
> files are local then you should set the basedirs to "/"

... And setting the basedirs to / does fix the problem.  However,
there's still a bug here.  I've been tracing through the source and
there appears to be a problem when the basedirs are not both == '/' -
to do with a zero length server list.  Anyhow  I'll take this up on
the dev list. For now, setting basedirs='/' fixes the problem for me.

Mark