List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] documentation about templates
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-04-30 3:46:50

>Yes. I used cp -r  and I have all my bdd tree now in the global
>
> templates. But the manual don't explain how to use those templates:
>         - how do I link to the templates files (logo.gif, readBdd.php,
> geometricStructure.css, ...) in my new projects ?
>         - If I upgrade a template, will all projects using it be
> upgraded ?

Maybe you have a expectation of what a template is that is not what Quanta
offers you in the moment?
Think about templates as a kind of code collection that you can copy into your
project. There is no linking between a template and from a template derived
file hence there is no update of a file when you change a template.
AFAIK you can include files in PHP but it would be bad practice to include
global templates because they are not in the project tree and will not get
uploaded. BTW. that is the reason why you have an option to copy templates
into you project in the New Project wizard.

> Is there any other doc ?

Help | Quanta Handbook is you friend, there is a chapter about templates. At
least in Quanta 3.3 where I just checked again.

Jens