List:       openzaurus-users
Subject:    [Openzaurus-users] Re: Can't get Stereo sound
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2003-12-17 6:53:01

On 2003-12-17 05:25:29, Ashley Gittins wrote:

> The device had a strong left channel signal on pins 2 & 4, and a right channel
> signal on pin 5. Pin 6 is the one that led to the output jack, shorting it to
> pin 5 restored normal signal level on the right channel. Recording still
> works too, so I think I'm happy. I'd just feel a lot better if I knew exactly
> what it was that i've bypassed, and if I'm going to have problems later as a
> result. If it were the left channel I would be a lot more worried, as it is
> more complex thanks to the mic switching etc.

It could be related to the mic switching anyway, as mono-microphones
usually gives earth on the position for 'right speaker' on the mini
jack. (mono-jacks have a larger earth-part and uses the upper left-part
for signal)

--
Stian Sřiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.