List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Critical bug, but no response!!
From:       Vincent Danen <vdanen () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2003-05-04 23:59:29

On Sun May 04, 2003 at 02:37:14PM +0200, Michael Scherer wrote:

> > Yes, if he only reads the KDE bugzilla, it DOES explain things.  That's
> > good info to know.  Thanks!
>
> But, where should we report packaging error ?
>
> The bug with QTDIR not set is only on mandrake.
> The fix is trivial, just remove a # in the spec files, but since nothing is
> done, people need to do dirty tricks in their spec files to bypass the
> problem.
>
> What should we do ?

No, continue to use bugzilla.  I'm sure if Laurent doesn't read bugzilla,
which I can't really understand or see, then he will be told to do so (it
really doesn't make sense that he wouldn't).  Anyways, if a bug is assigned
to him, he gets emailed directly, so you have the same effect... he gets an
email and it goes in bugzilla.

The benefit to using bugzilla is accountability.  Maintaners have to be
accountable to users (and their bosses!) about bugs filed there, and that is
the true benefit (you can easily see who's doing their job).

Please don't stop using bugzilla because of this... it's too valuable.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/