List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Strategies for Writing Co-operation with Non-LyX Users?
From:       Steve Litt <slitt () troubleshooters ! com>
Date:       2009-01-26 15:06:49

On Monday 26 January 2009 02:42:25 am Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> I have convinced some colleagues to use LyX or LaTeX, but since people in
> the humanities are often technically rather unskilled, this usually entails
> a significant amount of personal administration service, and you need to
> find the time for that.

Hi Jürgen,

Have you ever supplied your colleagues with a layout file containing all the
environments and character styles they'll need for their document? I think
even the most non-technical person would find LyX trivial to use if he/she
never had to make an environment or character style.

Of course, installation of LyX is still a problem, but with Windows can't you
just create an installer to do it?

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package