List:       lyx-users
Subject:    MS Word to LyX
From:       Anders Host-Madsen <ahostmadsen () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-01-26 15:10:27

LyX is really a great way to write math. Therefore I would like to
convert my old MS Word documents --
with a lot of equation in Equation Editor -- to
LyX (these are documents I continually revise). Any advise
about this? I found two commercial packages for conversion
to LaTeX: Grind EQ and Word2Tex. They are
expensive, and the results are so-so. Definitely requires a
 lot of hand editing of the LaTeX code. Any
experiences with these programs? It appears to me the
results from Word2Tex is a little more faithful to
the source, but it's hard to evaluate from the trial version.