List:       ltsp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-developer] ldm and l10n display
From:       Wolfgang Schweer <schweer () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2008-04-14 15:51:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mo, 14 Apr 2008, Warren Togami wrote:

> I have never heard of locale-gen, and we don't play games like this ever
> in Fedora.

Hi Warren,

in Debian locale-gen belongs to the package locales (in Ubuntu as well).
That's a space saver compared to a package installing all available locales.
(You only generate actually needed locales.)

Upon generation /etc/default/locale has apropriate settings for LANG
(default locale) and LANGUAGE (available languages).

Seems to be, that Fedora gets this set in /etc/sysconfig/i18n.
So in your case the first step is already done in the chroot; you don't have
to execute locale-gen.

Second step: let ldm get the settings for LANG and LANGUAGE, maybe like this
in ldm's start script

if [ -r /etc/sysconfig/i18n ]; then
  . /etc/sysconfig/i18n
  export LANG LANGUAGE