List:       ltsp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-developer] ldm and l10n display
From:       Michael Shigorin <mike () osdn ! org ! ua>
Date:       2008-04-14 17:40:54

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 05:51:15PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> in Debian locale-gen belongs to the package locales (in Ubuntu
> as well).  That's a space saver compared to a package
> installing all available locales.  (You only generate actually
> needed locales.)

In [some] RPM-based distros, locale data are marked in packages
and only the needed set gets installed.  That's a space saver,
plus a major convenience. :)

> Seems to be, that Fedora gets this set in /etc/sysconfig/i18n.

I think it's sort of standard across RPM-based; didn't look into
openSUSE though for that matter.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>