List:       linux-sony
Subject:    Re: [Linux-sony] noisy screen with sony laptops
From:       "Raphael Langerhorst" <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-12-25 12:57:38

Hi all,

I just checked out how loud mine is:

The fan is louder than four months ago, I think because of dust. I had a
hard time to hear the sound that is generated by reducing screen
brightness but I heard it; it was a very quiet low buzz, I could hear it
up to a half metre distance. Since then I never had reduced screen
brightness. I remember that it was a very high (high in frequency) buzz
a couple of months ago, but also not very loud; you probably could hear
it for two or three metres.

>I can't hear ANYTHING on my VX88 across the room, unless the fan is
>running.  Not even when the hard drive is accessing (unless I really
>listen hard, I guess).

Yes, the Sony Laptops are EXTREMELY quiet. I was really surprised when I
turned it on the first time. In this silence you can even hear the
screen-brightness-controller buzz *g*.

more comments below...