List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: Direct-mapped Compact Flash on ARM9
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <mwelwarsky () web ! de>
Date:       2004-07-02 7:55:07

On Thursday 01 July 2004 23:15, James Graves wrote:
> By the way,
>
> I should have mentioned that I'm trying to interface to an I/O card
> (specifically a wireless LAN card).

Keep in mind that you have to talk ISA bus protocol to the card, if it's
really CompactFlash. Means, you have to keep the bus timing precisely else
you will read garbage from the cards registers. The problem with many CPUs
is that you cannot program the setup and hold timings necessary for CF.
Some WLAN cards are very slow, too, so you need to have the READY line
connected. Also note that CF has two CS signals, whereas external memory
busses usually have only one.

regards,
	matthias