List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: What board could be interesting having a new port?
From:       Russell King - ARM Linux <linux () arm ! linux ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-07-02 7:56:53

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 11:41:40PM -0400, Joshua Wise wrote:
> > Oh well.  It's probably worth trying to put WinCE back on it just so
> > that it becomes useful again, instead of being a dust collector.
>
> I'm not sure why you have this animosity towards handhelds.org. We brought
> this up awhile back, and you were invited to join the discussion either here
> or elsewhere. Search for message ID
> <200406171834.40182.joshua@joshuawise.com>.

I'm merely stating that I don't think Linux on PDAs as a general rule
is really viable.  See my reply to Ian for the reason why.

Unfortunately, though, I do not have time to put in to getting H3600
support going, especially when the technical details are hidden deep
inside whatever commercial company now owns the design.

People generally want me to be doing less, since commercial people
have realised the "what if rmk gets hit by a bus" scenario is not
very pretty for this community.

So, I do not want to take on the iPAQ support and then turn into a
maintainer for yet another large chunk of code.