List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: Default constructors for Cursor and Range
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-10-14 16:39:25

On Friday 14 October 2005 17:23, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> Someone (I think it might have been jowenn) suggested to me a while back
> that the default constructor for cursors and ranges should create invalid
> versions.  This makes quite a lot of sense to me.
>
> My first question is, should we do this? (they currently create: cursor -
> cursor at 0,0; range - range from 0,0 to 0,0)
I would like to have that stay, I think it's quiet convenient and logical, but
perhaps I am wrong here ;)

> Oh, and a side question... should one invalid cursor always be equal to
> another, or should they always be not equal, or should they simply act as
> per their line and column numbers (invalid == negative line or cursor)?
I guess they should be equal, but I would just tell the people in the api dox
not to compare invalid cursors/ranges as this is undefined

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team