On Friday 14 October 2005 17:23, Hamish Rodda wrote: > Someone (I think it might have been jowenn) suggested to me a while back > that the default constructor for cursors and ranges should create invalid > versions.  This makes quite a lot of sense to me. > > My first question is, should we do this? (they currently create: cursor - > cursor at 0,0; range - range from 0,0 to 0,0) I would like to have that stay, I think it's quiet convenient and logical, but perhaps I am wrong here ;) > Oh, and a side question... should one invalid cursor always be equal to > another, or should they always be not equal, or should they simply act as > per their line and column numbers (invalid == negative line or cursor)? I guess they should be equal, but I would just tell the people in the api dox not to compare invalid cursors/ranges as this is undefined -- Christoph Cullmann KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann@kde.org _______________________________________________ Ktexteditor-devel mailing list Ktexteditor-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/ktexteditor-devel