List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete <-> libkdegames integration
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-26 16:35:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le lundi 25 août 2008, Josef Spillner a écrit :
> Hello Kopetians.
>
> While the idea of better integration between games and kopete has been
> discussed numerous times offline, there has never been any concrete
> planning. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
>
> a) kdegames will ship a number of chat-related classes for 4.2, including a
> player list (buddy list in your terminology) and a chat widget. Since
> duplication of functionality is a bad thing, this should be solved in a
> clever way in later releases. There's a possibility of adding chat and
> player list interfaces to kdelibs, and there's also the idea of having a
> kdegameslibs module which other KDE modules like kdenetwork could depend
> on, although the planning for that module is still in the early stages. The
> third way would be to make the existing Kopete widgets more generic and
> flexible (e.g. to be able to show player ranks) and move them directly to
> kdelibs.

One possibility would be to create a KopeteProtocol that would contains thoses
contact.
Displaying the score anyway would be better done in a specific widget outside
of Kopete.

What are thoses kdegames class,  i don't see reference to them in api.kde.org

> b) There should be an easy way for people to play against each other while
> they're chatting in Kopete. Kopete-KGGZ integration code exists for KDE 3
> and would need a lot of updates. We could ship it with kdegames or with
> Kopete, since it can also launch GNOME games. Any thoughts or volunteers
> for the porting?

I don't exactly now how gzz works.  but this can be a kopete for sure plugin.