List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete <-> libkdegames integration
From:       Josef Spillner <spillner () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-26 18:51:13

Am Dienstag 26 August 2008 18:35:03 schrieb Olivier Goffart:
> One possibility would be to create a KopeteProtocol that would contains
> thoses contact.
> Displaying the score anyway would be better done in a specific widget
> outside of Kopete.

Well yes, but a good generic buddy list would be configurable enough to be
able to display such things so it can be reused in many contexts. For each
contact, there is a list of attributes, each with an icon, a value and an
identifier. Kopete would display an "away" marker and games would add rank
and lag information and such. I'm not sure that a protocol would be needed if
only the widget would be used.

> What are thoses kdegames class,  i don't see reference to them in
> api.kde.org

For the time being the classes are located at:
svn://svn.ggzgamingzone.org/svn/trunk/kde-center/kggzlib
Note that there's a readme file in there. The classes starting with a Q are
also good candidates for moving them up the library chain, e.g. into kdelibs.
For example, QAsyncPixmap is invaluably useful for asynchronously displaying
pixmaps from the internet and is also used in KNewStuff.

> I don't exactly now how gzz works.  but this can be a kopete for sure
> plugin.

Good. I'm entirely unfamiliar with how Kopete plugins work at the moment.
Let's see if a volunteer is stepping up for that part.

Josef