List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Has IRC support been removed from Kopete for KDE
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-26 16:39:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le mardi 26 août 2008, Dotan Cohen a écrit  :
> In KDE 4.1 I cannot find an IRC plugin for Kopete. I asked on my
> distro's mailing list and it was suggested that I take the question
> here. This downstream bug (Kubuntu) seems to suggest from an
> unreliable source that IRC support has been removed completely from
> Kopete:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdenetwork-kde4/+bug/201732
>
> Thank you in advance for shedding any light on this matter.

While porting the irc plugin to KDE4, the maintainer of that plugin has tried
to refactor it completly. But he finaly had no time to continue and let the
plugin in a unstable state.
And nobody had step up to replace him.
So the plugin has been removed.

If someone else want to continue the work, or restart the port from scratch,
he is welcome.
Until then, there will be no IRC support in Kopete, sorry.