List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice filters revisited
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-08 11:13:27

shaheed wrote:

> I too am worried about this. How will compound documents be handled?

Oh, I thought I explained that: KoFilterManager will get a parent
filter manager passed in the constructor which is 0 by default.
When you find an embedded document you create a new filter manager
and specify the current one as parent. Then you save the contents
of the embedded file to disk (I can't imagine a different way).

If the embedded filter asks for a stream in the storage it will
get one with the proper prefix automatically (from the parent's
KoStore object, so it's directly inside the correct storage).

Ciao,
Werner