List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Getting Started -  Revisited
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-09-07 17:44:57

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 07:22:14PM -0400, Marc wrote:
> Again, this problem is probably solved in a FAQ somewhere, but I haven't been
> able to find it.  For that matter, if somebody could refer me to the
> 'appropriate' place for these kinds fo quesitons - since they're not
> necessarily specific to KOffice development - I would appreciate it.

No FAQ option (maybe it should be ;).

> I've download QT3B4, and done a successful build; no problems.
>
> Attempting to run any of the sample apps, just to test out the build, gives
> me library errors, leading me to believe that I need to have the QT3.0
> libraries accessible, instead of the 2.x version that my system is running
> for KDE.

Just go into your qt3 build dir, and run the following commands:
export QTDIR=`pwd`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$QTDIR/lib

and in that shell run your build, and start your koffice applications.

This way you can completely seperate your QT2 and QT3 environments.

You should however notice that koffice needs kdelibs, and this basically
means that you need to recompile the whole of KDE.
I suggest just wiping your existing KDE installation and switching to the
new one, thereby deleting QT2.

Oh, just a warning; kde HEAD is still not usable for daily work, just for
developement now ;)