List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for KPresenter (Color tool bar Button)
From:       Toshitaka Fujioka <toshitaka () kde ! gr ! jp>
Date:       2001-07-06 13:42:55

On Friday 06 July 2001 19:02, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2001 13:38, Toshitaka Fujioka wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, I try. But, If it was not able to be fixed, I'm sorry.
> >
> > Thanks, David. You're great. ;)
> >
> > But, I remade "TKSelectColorAction" for plugged in menu and
> > no plugged in menu (Tool bar).
> > I think that I am easy to use this way with tool bar. ;)
> >
> > I attached patch (TKselectColorAction, Kivio, KSpread, KPresenter and
> > KWord).
> >
> > Please review.
>
> Why did you commit this without waiting for an answer ? Please don't do
> that. I was away yesterday and the day before (linux expo in London), so
> please give me time to read through all my mail.

I'm very sorry. I don't it in future. I wait for an answer.

> Why this hack ? Passing "inMenu" as bool to an action is a VERY AWFUL hack.
> An action is supposed to work the same where-ever it's plugged, the creator
> of the action shouldn't have to care about it ! Besides, if the user
> changes the XML file, the action will or will not end up in a menu after
> all. This patch breaks the whole concept.
>
> What does it try to fix ? I don't understand.
> I checked that slotActivated() was only called when the activating the menu
> item. Did you find a case where this isn't true ? Please explain.

I explain.
Your patch breaked feature of one. I applied a color when I clicked picture
icon (TK... icon have two icons. picture icon and under arrow icon) formerly.
I open "KColorDialog" when I clicked picture icon in your patch.
My patch fixes this problem.  I thought of only this method. :-(
I understood it that it was awful hack. Sorry.

Thank you.
--
Toshitaka Fujioka
http://www.kde.org                The K Desktop Environment Project

-- We offer the best Desktop Environment to you.  (This is my goal. ;-)) --