List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fine-grain KOffice source tree
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2010-09-08 12:19:14

On Wednesday 8. September 2010 10.59.43 LukasT.dev@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Have you got any wider implications in mind?
> >
> > Our libraries are far from stable so if libs and krita would be splitted
> > it would likely happen that there will be changes in libs that will
> > effect krita. If all is in one source dir such breakage is easy to spot
> > and you will also find the places where e.g. a function is used in case
> > you want to change it in the libs.
>
> I understand that the libs are not stable, but I see this move as
> little attempt to focus developers on learning&stabilizing the libs.

Notice that Krita is using a set of libs that are not planned to be BC
compatible, now or in the future. (see libs/README)

So it will be rather painful forever unless Krita decides to do what we do
with kdelibs and only use the latest released one. Which means it will lag one
version behind.

--
Thomas Zander