List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Usability Topics
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2010-08-23 18:32:30

On Sunday 22 August 2010 15:28:02 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > I'd propose to get rid of the styles docker and only have a styles-tool
> > (with accompanying dockers) instead. I'd call this tool Background tool.
> >

> Yes, this sounds like a good idea. Though setting the border style with
> the  some tool does seem to make sense to me, so maybe we should use a
> different name.
>
> So what about this:
>
> There is a WhateverWeWillCallIt tool which opens the a docker with the
> same  functionality as the current styles docker. If "Gradient" is
> selected, the gradient-related dockers appear directly below it (they
> currently don't necessarily do) and the cursor changes to the gradient
> editing mode. If "Pattern" is selected, the pattern dockers appear and the
> cursor changes to gradient editing mode. Since they are mutually
> exclusive, this should not be a problem.

I would like to avoid to need an extra click for activating a tool just for
changing the color of a shape. It is something I do quite often and I think
also artists do quite often so having first to activate a tool should be
avoided in my opinion.

How about having a possibility to activate the pattern and gradient tool from
the styles docker?

Thorsten