On Sunday 22 August 2010 15:28:02 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote: > > I'd propose to get rid of the styles docker and only have a styles-tool > > (with accompanying dockers) instead. I'd call this tool Background tool. > > > > > > Yes, this sounds like a good idea. Though setting the border style with > the some tool does seem to make sense to me, so maybe we should use a > different name. > > So what about this: > > There is a WhateverWeWillCallIt tool which opens the a docker with the > same functionality as the current styles docker. If "Gradient" is > selected, the gradient-related dockers appear directly below it (they > currently don't necessarily do) and the cursor changes to the gradient > editing mode. If "Pattern" is selected, the pattern dockers appear and the > cursor changes to gradient editing mode. Since they are mutually > exclusive, this should not be a problem. I would like to avoid to need an extra click for activating a tool just for changing the color of a shape. It is something I do quite often and I think also artists do quite often so having first to activate a tool should be avoided in my opinion. How about having a possibility to activate the pattern and gradient tool from the styles docker? Thorsten _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel