List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread plugins?
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2007-06-22 16:44:15

Thomas Zander wrote:
>> Unless we're
>> talking about big things like a plug-in using the cell to display
>> something totally different, not text, but that's likely going way out
>> of the scope of simple plug-ins, and should be done in a separate
>> flake.
>
> No, text only would be fine IMO. I was mostly thinking about the two
> examples I gave in this thread; having a kross script might be a 3th.
> Where the script can do something silly like showing the amount of files
> in your homedir. Stuff like that.

Thanks for the gdata link. I was already working on gdata integration into
KSpread (allowing merging data between KSpread and the spreadsheet-API where
google provides us btw a nice python-lib for;
http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/ ) but did got interrupted by
other things ;)

As Tomas pointed out, KSpread allows already scripted functions, see
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/KSpread_Scripting#Scripting_Formula_Functions ...

The problem there is, that the script actualy needs to be executed to add
register itself as formula function. Anyway, such a
=GoogleLookup("Paraguay"; "internet users") function sounds like a good idea
I'll look at next days :)