List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: EBN / EMF Filter for Karbon
From:       jaham <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-06-22 17:20:29

On Friday 22 June 2007 02:42:45 Shaun Oldale wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to get involved in KOffice development. Initially I would be happy
> to work on issues reported by EBN/Krazy.
>
> Additionally I'd be willing to contribute code for an EMF filter for
> Karbon, and/or work on the current WMF filter. It appears that the current
> WMF filter contains some code for determining whether the file being
> processed is in fact a Enhanced Metafile, but is unable to actually convert
> it.
>
> Is it OK to proceed with these tasks?

Great! :-)
Please note that if you work on filters that there is currently no way showing
the loaded document in karbon, as the implementation of our new default file
format ODF is not complete yet. But i hope that changes soon.

Anyway it is maybe a good idea to get a grip of the code by starting with
fixing EBN issues. But be advised that most code in karbon where the files
have a leading v in their name are going to /dev/null soon.

Ciao Jan (Karbon developer)