List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread plugins?
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-06-22 16:26:33

Thomas Zander said the following, On 2007-06-22 11:25:

>> BTW, in general it's about populating data to a cell range: single cell
>> is a trivial and special case (e.g. at most calculating a total without
>> any context).
>
> I think you need to start with a single cell. But yeah, the plugin should
> be able to be used over a cell range.
>
>> Can be posible once KexiDB is moved up to shared libs, outside of
>> koffice (as developers expect this).
>
> Luckely thats not needed, thanks to the concept of plugins. KexiDB needs
> to be a library, which it is already. There is no need for it to move to
> a shared lib or module for this at all.

Right, "for this" - not. But I made it clear that it will be a shared lib with
a common API.

Plugins are not silver bullets. For me it is two-side collaboration what
happens between apps. Simple injecting a returned value into a cell is easy
but very simple "proof of concept" case. We have covered this any times on IRC
and ML.

I think (for my case, and convenience), future demand and particular
developer's interest will show how the design and implementation can look
like. Right now all this can look as follows: show me what's your need re data
access so I can provide special interface/plugins/whatever.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek