List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: icons in koffice
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-20 16:13:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 April 2007 16:18, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > Well, no. The KOffice icons are written on the koffice wiki.  I'm not
> > sure why you copied the content to your own wiki,
>
> It's the opposite - 'icon specs' have been synced by me with the
> kexi-project.org wiki page, as a special 'global koffice icons'
> category (see the history).
>
> On 29 March you have even copied images from the original site:
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Icons/KOffice_wide_icons&diff=2
>236&oldid=2229 -- quite a lot work compared to just contacting me.

I'm very confused about the allegation you make here;
I never knew the kexi page existed and just continued working on the above
linked one, including adding references to icons.
Its a pity that work was done elsewhere already.  I would like to ask you
to keep a much clearer communications channel open so we don't duplicate
effort.

> > The point is that all koffice developers should have access to the
> > page; and that's true on the koffice wiki.

This point is still true; if you have an issue with that, please bring it
up for discussion on this list. (preferably under a new thread)

> Koffice wiki is not very usable as readonly for me.

Hmm? What do you mean? I have seen a lot of edits by you, you have an
account!
If you have have any problems, please contact the admins.

> There are two things missing for now:
> * a page informing about clear rules for contents of the koffice wiki

What is wrong with the text on the intro page?
 "This wiki is provided for KOffice developers to be a digital whiteboard
where people can exchange notes, work on problems together and basically
be productive. It is allowed, no encouraged, to put the apps (future)
feature lists, TODO lists, designers talk and past discussions on these
pages."

Techbase probably has its own description of content that should go there;
and if you have doubts you should compare the two and choose where the
content should go.  If you have doubts what fits on techbase, talk to
them.

> * a license - CC is not acceptable

The license is on the bottom of every page; if you have a question on how
to work with that, please open a constructive dialog instead of stating
its unacceptable. That would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Thomas Zander