List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Db icons and mimetypes
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-20 16:22:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 April 2007 16:41, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Introduction:
> Regarding icons for database files: there is no such file format in the
> current ODF [1]

I think you are confusing the published and the current versions of ODF.
The spec has been agreed upon 19-3-2007 and will be published when ODF1.2
is published.

> , so the application-vnd.oasis.opendocument.database
> mimetype will lead to problems if any app, e.g. oo.org, will use it.
> (hint: database is not a zipped document but more like a filesystem)

I'm sorry, I need more then a hint; I don't follow how using the mimetype
will lead to problems.  Can you give a usecase and a expected / actual
result?
--
Thomas Zander