List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: A simple place for complex settings, KOffice-wide
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-10 13:33:51

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 19:49, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> [2] http://www.port80software.com/200ok/blogimg/about-config.gif

And this is more useable than konqueror's configuration dialogs because .... ??

This doesn't even look translatable. Very useable indeed.

I wouldn't mind a kconfigxt-based GUI (with real checkboxes and spinboxes etc.)
with a way to type a filter (I didn't look at kconfigeditor yet, I hope it can do that),
but I certainly veto an english-only list of settings based on yet-another-framework
for config options. No, we do NOT need to reinvent the config-options wheel every
year. There are enough other people doing that already, out of kde.

All this from the background color setting issue yet again? Let's just add a color button
to kword and kpresenter's config dialogs and let's be done with it :)

This reminds me that I didn't finish debugging why "kword -bg white" doesn't work.