List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kword background (was complex settings)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-10 14:33:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 14:33, David Faure wrote:
> All this from the background color setting issue yet again? Let's just add
> a color button to kword and kpresenter's config dialogs and let's be done
> with it :)

In KOffice2 I plan to have a document setting for the page color. Which
defaults to white. (well, defaults to the template setting)
Which means that the main display will always show white.

In other displays, like the kword1 text-display mode (view->display mode->text
mode) I think we should follow the kde style. Which implies that text of the
same color will be shown differently then it will in the final document.
Black text will be shown white if the user has a black background in his
color theme.

Not a simple task; and will possibly not cover all usecases; but IMO its the
best solution to cover the majority of the usecases.

> This reminds me that I didn't finish debugging why "kword -bg white"
> doesn't work.

IMOHO not a priority, moreover since the feature will most likely disappear in
the 2.0 branch.
--
Thomas Zander