List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Making koApplication inherits KUniqueApplication
From:       Clarence Dang <dang () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-05 10:53:37

On Saturday 05 November 2005 06:43, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 04 November 2005 12:58, Clarence Dang wrote:
> > Again, you still haven't solved the problem of a modal dialog blocking
> > unrelated open documents.
>
> Or autosaving of a document opened in another window preventing you from
> working on the current document...
>
> Yes, threads, blah blah blah. But with the current code there are obvious
> advantages in keeping processes separated.

Yes, that's what I mean.  To be clear, I'm not advocating KUniqueApplication.

> At least being able to do that;
> since it's also possible to open multiple documents in the same process.

That's what I'm not so happy about because of the modal dialog, blocking
computation/autosaving, config etc. problems.  But yes, Thomas Zander has put
forward some interesting possibilities other than forcing 1 document per
process (which was my original proposal), so I'll look into them.