List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3.4RC1: Incompatibility
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-04 16:13:58

On Friday 11 March 2005 18:34, Martin Ellis wrote:
> Alternatively, I wonder if there'll be a kdeplayground-koffice?

I didn't plan to create one since we can just as well have "playground"-type code
inside the koffice module and simply disable it from compilation and releases
(the latter is a bit too easy to forget though; maybe we should have a NOTRELEASED
file at the toplevel or something, so that I remember what to delete at packaging time,
to avoid confusion, make tarballs smaller, etc.).

This is what we had with graphite, kplato and other things previously.

Having everything inside koffice makes it easier to keep an eye on "who's using this
koffice lib method", or porting apps to koffice libs changes, etc.
It also makes it easier for people to help with those alpha-quality apps, I think
(only one module to compile from sources).