List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3.4RC1: Incompatibility
From:       Martin Ellis <kde () martinellis ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-04-04 18:00:28

> On Friday 11 March 2005 18:34, Martin Ellis wrote:
> > Alternatively, I wonder if there'll be a kdeplayground-koffice?

> Having everything inside koffice makes it easier to keep an eye on "who's
> using this koffice lib method", or porting apps to koffice libs changes,
> etc. It also makes it easier for people to help with those alpha-quality
> apps, I think (only one module to compile from sources).

Oh.  People seem to get fairly grumpy when stuff in CVS doesn't compile, so
I'd be reluctant to try the feature we discussed in the "KSpread DB import"
thread in koffice svn.  Having somewhere where things are allowed to break
now and again would be nice.

We're going to need to move the MS Access driver somewhere out of kdenonbeta
before that module gets canned.  It's based on a slightly dodgy C library, so
I think it's better being packaged separately from KOffice (er, Kexi) for
now, so not quite sure what to do with that?

Martin