List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Developer doco
From:       Martin Ellis <m.a.ellis () ncl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2005-01-10 15:39:09

Hello,

Speaking of recruitment and documentation....

I was going to check out a copy of KWord (although this problem
doesn't seem to be specific to KWord), but I can't find any
documentation that says which modules from koffice I might want.

From http://www.koffice.org/developer/, I can follow the link to
General developer info, then to the generic KDE CVS instructions,
which of course don't help here.

Then there's a link to "Compiling KOffice Step By Step," but it's
broken. :o(

The Doxygen API also appears to be several months out of date, while
the main KDE API was updated yesterday (and has a nicer Doxygen
template).  Presumably thats an automated task.
Could koffice steal the infrastructure for that?

I know everyone has a lot to do, but I wonder if developers wouldn't
be a bit more forthcoming if it was a little easier to dabble in the
code...?

Regards
Martin