List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: sharing UI code between graphical components (Krita, Karbon14)
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2005-01-09 21:34:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 09 January 2005 18:03, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 07 January 2005 20:25, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Karbon, Krita and perhaps Kivio really could benefit from a common
> > set of interface widgets, common colour management and common
> > printing. Like Adobe's CS suite, in fact. But I really cannot
> > handle more than just Krita... Not unless it would become my day
> > job, in which case I'd jump into the fray with abandon.
>
> Do you know how possible this is?

Unless they fake it really well, Adobe uses the same widgets across the board,
so we should be able to do that. Some things, layer boxes, bird's eye box,
colour management, pattern, gradient, colour selection and a host of other
things I cannot think of right away (due to the regular Sunday evening
laziness caused by a large dinner and a convivial company) should look & work
the same across the board.

It's a mere matter of speccing & implementing...

> Off the top of my head I could think
> of, well, yes, color management and the layer management. There are
> other components like KFormula, KChart and KDGantt that exist in
> koffice root but hardly used as standalone. Maybe this is really
> something that should be more investigated.

They don't need to be big components. Just a shared definition of what's a
colour, a shared docker widget, etc.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi