List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: usability bug
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-04-27 7:26:46

On Saturday 27 April 2002 00:11, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> David had told a way how to do it by default in KDE. I had forwarded it to one
> of Kate's developers. It seems that the result is /dev/null .

Yes and no - I fixed the InitialPreference myself, IIRC.
But anyone with preferences stored in profilerc overrides that initial preference,
I guess that's why it still happens for some.

> If you want to work on the ASCII import filter, feel free! You could even
> become the maintainer if you would want.

BTW Andreas mentionned that your import filter isn't ASCII only, since it
knows about encodings etc. Please call it "plain text" import filter rather
than ASCII import filter. ASCII is a very limited range of characters.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/