List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: valgrind detected nasties in koffice-1.2beta1
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-27 7:39:32

On Saturday 27 April 2002 03:45, Julian Seward wrote:
> Greetings all.  Good work with koffice-1.2beta1.
>
> I just built 1.2beta1 and decided to valgrindify it (not an original
> idea, I know).  When loading a .ppt presentation (about Valgrind :)
> into KPresenter, I got the following, which I thought I should
> show you.
>
> KPresenter didn't crash, but most of the slides were missing most
> of the stuff that was originally there :-(

Hi!

Thanks for the report. This is a known problem in OLE stream handling, but the
author responsible for these changes didn't respond to my mails yet.

I considered fixing "just that bug", but a major cleanup will be needed in
that area so I'd prefer to talk with the author first. Note that this bug
will also happen when importing .xls and .doc files.

Ciao,
Werner

P.S. Valgrind rocks ;)