List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: usability bug
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-04-27 21:44:42

On Saturday 27 April 2002 09:26, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 27 April 2002 00:11, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > David had told a way how to do it by default in KDE. I had forwarded it
> > to one of Kate's developers. It seems that the result is /dev/null .
>
> Yes and no - I fixed the InitialPreference myself, IIRC.
> But anyone with preferences stored in profilerc overrides that initial
> preference, I guess that's why it still happens for some.

Ooh, yes, sure!

> > If you want to work on the ASCII import filter, feel free! You could even
> > become the maintainer if you would want.
>
> BTW Andreas mentionned that your import filter isn't ASCII only, since it
> knows about encodings etc. Please call it "plain text" import filter rather
> than ASCII import filter. ASCII is a very limited range of characters.

Well, I do not mind! I had already changed the status.html file to this name.

However, the name ASCII was already wrong well before I have hacked the
filter.

Someone should also change the global status page:
http://www.koffice.org/filters/status.phtml
"ASCII" => "Plain Text"

Have a nice day/evening/night!