List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter and tests
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2002-03-28 14:51:23

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Robert JACOLIN wrote:

> 2. Test filters.
> I think it's would be interesting to make test documents to help filter
> writter to test their work and to put them together in a directory. I think
> we have all these kind of document in our filter directory, right ?
> Also, we will be able to used a very large panel of document, with each one a
> specific problem.

Isn't there the problem of checking the results? I mean you maybe can
automate the process of loading and saving documents, but afterwards you
have to check visually if the imported/exported files look like they
should.

On the other hand we could asure, that the filters don't crash while
saving/loading a file. But is there enough development going on with
filters that we need an automated test-process?

But I sure have some excel-test-files I can contribute... and filters
really need some push ahead to bring koffice to the offices.

Think I have to motivate myself to do some work on them.

Bye,

	Percy